More About Christian Civilization:
Some of the videos below can seen for free at http://youtube.com/jcr4runner.
Apologetics (Defending the Faith)
to Arguments Against Christianity
Confess: We Can't Make Sense of the World - The failure of secular thought, in their own words.
- Greg Bahnsen lectures on YouTube
- The Real Jesus - (Video) A refutation of Peter Jennings' documentary that relied on Jesus Seminar scholars to question the reliability of the Gospel accounts of Jesus.
- The Inspiration, Inerrancy, and Authority of the Bible - A video seminar by John Piper.
- How Should We Then Live? - Dr. Francis Schaeffer's spectacular video series on the rise and decline of Western culture from a Christian perspective.
- A Review of The Human Faces of God by Thom Stark - A book full of bad reasons to reject the God of the Bible. Here's a second, longer response, and a version posted to the website of Associates
for Biblical Research.
History and Science
- The Light Has
Come: Quotations on the History of Christian
Contributions to the Progress of Civilization - Christianity brought civilization out of the dark ages of paganism.
- Myths About Past (Quasi-)Christian Civilization - Christians haven't been perfect, but many of their sins are created or enhanced by secular mythology.
- 15 Questions for Evolutionists - A summary of the scientific case against evolution from Creation Ministries International. For the latest news on the issue, see crev.info
- Intelligent Design Leaders Promote a Naturalistic Worldview - Paper presented 4/11/15 at the 2015 Southwest Regional Meeting of the Evangelical Philosophical Society. A PDF of the paper is here, and a PDF of the PowerPoint slides is here.
- Lord of Soul and State: The Duty of Christians to Mix Politics and Religion - The only God that can save your soul for eternity is one that rules the State, and everything else.
- Judge Others. Jesus Said To - Nonjudgmentalism is moral disarmament.
Rhetoric and Reality - "Homophobia" is name-calling, not an argument.
- How Not to Answer the Pro-Abortionist: A Review of Francis Beckwith's "Politically Correct Death" - Beckwith converted to Roman Catholicism in 2007. His book from 1993 shows that even
then he was not far from Catholicism, given his view of natural law.
- God's Law and Society (video)
- Are there Secular Reasons? by Stanley Fish - No. You can't squeeze moral values about justice out of brute empirical facts. (Or get knowledge either, but this essay is about ethics.)
- An Economic Commentary on the Bible: A
Multi-Volume Exposition by
Gary North - God created the wealth of the world, and long-term prosperity is God's blessing for obedience to His law.
- A Biblically Informed Response to the Evangelical Immigration Table - This Table of Evangelicals who are ignorant of God's law is set to bankrupt the U.S. financially and spiritually.
Eschatology (End Times)
- The Beast of Revelation Identified - A video presentation by Ken Gentry on the preterist interpretation of Revelation, followed by Dr. Gentry answering objections.
- Five things Postmillennialism is not by Joel McDurmon- Not about personal prosperity, unbridled progress, unbridled optimism, man's works rather than God's power, hasty victory.
- Amazing Grace: The History and Theology of Calvinism (DVD), and on YouTube here.
- Immature Fruit on the Organic Church Vine - A critique of the Organic Church movement. Here in PDF.